Thursday, November 14, 2013

Dubai Motor Show 2013


Let me begin by saying that yes indeed, this is one of those days to which I look forward to eagerly not only because it is my special time with my favourite metal, but also since it occurs only once every two years.

As always, the Dubai Motor show did not disappoint even this time. Spread across several massive exhibition halls at the Convention Centre - Dubai World Trade Centre, this was every car lover's dream come true opportunity.

I could feel the excitement as my heart rate kept on rising as I kept getting closer and closer to the venue and at the same time I was imagining as to what all I would be doing at the Motor Show. I was definitely looking forward to my favourite stand of each time, the BUGATTI ! To see those Veyrons LIVE in the flesh is really an out of this world experience. You wonder how well has man managed to create this car which is no less than a Rocket on the roads.
 
 
As I entered the first hall, having bought my ticket and put on that wrist band the first car I laid my eyes on was the Dubai Police Bentley Continental. Truly elegant vehicle. Now, I wonder if one would have to commit a crime in order to get to ride in one. Haha.
 
Moving on there were huge display stands from all major manufacturers around the globe like Honda, Toyota, Nissan, Ford, GMC, Cadillac and the list goes on and on.
 
Lot's of shimmering lights to make these cars shine in your face. All cars were absolutely clean and gleaming. The interiors had that new car fragrance and every button, every knob was new and un-used.
 
Ample opportunities to sit behind the wheel of that dream car which you've always wanted.
 
 
There were many regional launches too, like the new Toyota Corolla, BMW X5, GMC Yukon, Ford Fusion, Dodge Viper, Jeep Cherokee, Bentley Shaheen.
 
Lot's of freebies were being given out by some of the car brands which the public was grabbing even without knowing what they are taking. Some were just giving out posters and that too had many takers.
 
No motor show is complete without abundant photo opportunities. I noticed that almost every individual there had a camera around their neck and that too the SLR kinds. Even small kids were at it.
 
It was bothering to see that some were only interested to take their pics with cars and not even a glance at the car specs etc.
 
 
 
I also did notice that a few brands were missing from the show, like Subaru, Lotus, Volvo, Seat, Renault (their Duster is a mass favourite), Daihatsu, Suzuki, MG.
 
There was a huge increase in Far East brands on display such as Great Wall, DFM, BYD Motors etc.
 
All in all I had a great time here, so much that I went to this show two consecutive days in a row. I too have my share of photographs from the show and am putting up a few here.
 
Can't wait for November 2015, when the next Motor Show returns to  Dubai.
 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment